A. Project Description REQUIRED
Please go to Part 3 of this form to see the application questions.
B. Budget (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the budget template and narrative instructions) REQUIRED
All applications must include a completed budget outlining costs of the grant project. All budget information submitted with the application should be in dollars by line item. Applicants should verify that the total dollar amount will not exceed $5,000.
IREX anticipates awarding a subaward of up to $5,000 USD equivalent in euros for up to 8 months of activities. In no event, will IREX disburse funds in excess of the US Dollar value of this Subgrant. IREX shall not be responsible for fluctuations in the relative values of other currencies, and all foreign exchange and similar risks shall be borne by the Subgrantee.
The budget form must include all projected expenses for the grant activities.
Allowable expenses under this grant include:
- VAT (for applicants who are subject to VAT)
- Personnel: organizational staff time (up to 60% of grant funds)
- Travel: travel costs for training initiatives
- Supplies: costs related to supplies/materials for activity initiatives, such as publications, communication materials, educational products, personal protective equipment (masks, sanitizers, etc.), training refreshments
- Contractual: Fees for outside experts (translations, graphic design, etc.) or other external services (e.g., training space)
- Other Direct Costs: will be considered based on the scope of the project activities
Non-allowable expenses under this grant include:
- Rent of office space
- Equipment with the unit cost of $5,000 and higher
- Alcohol (other food/drink catering for events is acceptable)
- Project activities unrelated to media literacy
- Supplies restricted by 2 CFR § 200.216 - Prohibition on certain telecommunications and video surveillance services or equipment
- Subgrant funds provided under the terms of this RFA shall not be used to procure goods or services from suppliers that may be identified on the USG consolidated list of debarred, suspended or ineligible subcontractors at http://www.sam.gov/
- Any purchases or activities deemed unnecessary to successfully complete the activity, including any subgrantee expenses that are not directly linked to the implementation of the proposed project
- Previous obligations and/or bad debts
- Fines and /or penalties
- And any other costs that are considered unallowable under 2 CFR 200 Subpart E of Costs Principles: https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-2/part-200/subpart-e
C. Resumes/CV REQUIRED
Resumes for the primary youth leads (ages 18-35), as indicated in the application, who will be working on the project should be attached.
D. Gantt Chart (Please email email@example.com to request a template) REQUIRED
A timeline of proposed activities will be required with the application.
E. Letter of Recommendation REQUIRED
A letter of support endorsing your project from a professional or academic contact, partner, or client.